Thursday, August 29, 2013

Fall Already?

It seems that fall has come early this year in Seattle. Rain is pitter-pattering outside, and the few deciduous trees we have are decidedly losing their leaves. I have to admit that I am a bit reluctant to part with summer and all its glory here in the Northwest. I have always loved autumn in the Midwest, but that's because summer can be so miserable. Summer in Seattle, on the other hand, is just plain wonderful. Sunshine, temperatures mostly in the 70s and 80s (I think we had a week or two of temps in the 90s, but that's nothing). And easy access to water. Oh-so-wonderful.

It doesn't help that when I first arrived in Seattle last November, it rained (poured, really) for two weeks nonstop. It was the most depressing welcoming party ever. So I associate the fall in Seattle (probably incorrectly) as being miserable and very WET.

But Andy considers autumn here and elsewhere to be his favorite season, so I'll let you know what my verdict is in the next few months.

But in the meantime, this change in the weather has been a good reminder that I need to write some more blog posts about all the fun we had this summer. So remind me if I forget to write one on our trip to Mt. Rainier and our mini-vacation to Andy's family cabin on the Puget Sound, to name a few.

3 comments:

  1. Rain sounds SO wonderful right now. I think we're going on three weeks with zilch for rain now. It's been really hot this week, though it's still nothing compared to last summer.

    Either way, I'm pretty ecstatic for fall too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you...ordinarily. But summers here are nothing like summers in Missouri. Usually, I am ready for summer to be over by the beginning of August, and when those leaves begin to fall with the temperature, I rejoice. But for some reason, I feel very reluctant to part with this summer...

      Delete
    2. Well...distract yourself by writing those blog posts! I want to hear about those times ;)

      Fall is my favorite season too...and we (both) get to celebrate wedding anniversaries! :D

      Delete