Thursday, October 15, 2015

About the Merry Dreamer

Hi, I am Marie: wife to Andy, and a new mom of a {big} little baby boy, Mr. D. I’m not sure how long I can claim new mom status or say that I am “postpartum”…ten years? Probably.





We're basically models. 


Or not. ;)

Here's what we look like these days: 

Mr. D loves hair. Probably because he doesn't have much of his own yet. 
I started this blog a few years ago as a newly graduated, under-employed aspiring writer. The original title was Full-Time Dreamer and Part-Time Activist, which is quite the mouthful. But that is me in a short phrase. Always dreaming, sometimes doing.

Yes, I was wearing a dirndl while baking banana bread. What, you don't do that, too?!?

If you really want to start from the beginning, I suggest you read “Confessions of a Landbum” for a glimpse into my full-time career as a procrastinator dreamer.

If you’re interested in my take on motherhood (since I am such an expert…8 months in! wahoo!), here are a few favorites:

It breaks my heart a little: when it's more than just a nursing strike
Of Colds and Birthdays {The Disillusionment of Parenthood}

Occasionally, I also document our travels and outings, in the, you guessed it, “Out and About” tab.

Aaaand if you are feeling bad about your domestic skills, head on over to the “Domestic Adventures” tab, and experience sweet relief.

I have taken an enormous amount of solace in my favorite parenting blogs, so I thought I would add to the stream of consciousness that is life postpartum. If, like me, you are addicted to reading about other moms’ lives, and constantly wondering “how does she do it?”, you can check out a few of my favorite bloggers (on the sidebar) to see how they do it. As for me, I’m just east of Sanity most days, so take any insight or "advice" with a grain of salt. Although, the lovely Katherine of The Hopeful Starfish gives this endorsement: "don't say you don't have good advice. You are a very insightful mama." Aw, shucks. :)

But what you can do is join the conversation. I’d love to hear from you. So let’s break into the chocolate, and dream awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment