Saturday, November 21, 2015

9 Days to Gratitude: a Thanksgiving Novena {Day Five}

For those of you just joining in, this is part of a series on cultivating gratitude in preparation for Thanksgiving. You can see Day One here, Day Two here,  Day Three here, and Day Four here.

Also, just as an FYI, these are in no particular order, in case you were wondering why I am rating nap time alongside my friendships and in-laws. These are just the persons/things that spark gratitude in me that particular day. That being said, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Day Five

Today I am grateful for Andy.



This is an obvious choice. Not a day goes by that I am not grateful for Andy. So why today of all days to highlight him and our relationship? Well, it started with last night. We had a friend over for dinner, and I was feeling a bit stressed about getting everything done in time and taking care of Mr. D. As soon as Andy got home (from a very busy and stressful week, I might add), he asked me "What can I do that would be most helpful to you right now?" So, he took out the recycling, inspected and figured out why the dishwasher wouldn't start, reset the table with a fresh tablecloth and napkins, and finally, corralled and played with Mr. D so I could work on meal prep. After our guest went home, I was exhausted, and I asked if Andy would mind cleaning up. He assured me that he would take care of things, and then encouraged me to get ready for bed. This morning Andy took Mr. D on an adventure to Lowe's while I got to sleep in. 

                       





I am so blessed to have such a loving, considerate husband. When Andy and I were just dating, I hosted a birthday party for my roommate and friend Christina. Throughout the night, Andy filled drink orders and bustled about to make my guests feel welcome. I know he often doesn't get the praise he deserves, because he is not one to draw attention to himself. He just gets the job done

He is the love of my life, my best friend, a great dad, and today I am reminded of just how lucky I am to have him on my team. I love you, Andy.  


Pre-Mr. D at the Mariners' game in 2013



No comments:

Post a Comment